quillpunk: hakutou the cat from the anime My New Boss is Goofy,  currently very proud standing on his owners head :D (proud kitty)
[personal profile] quillpunk posting in [community profile] booknook
Let's do this again! <3

This is the sign-up post for the 2026 October Review-A-Thon I’m hosting here on [community profile] booknook! To sign up, simply comment on this post with what day(s) you’re claiming.

Each day claimed equals one distinctive review, so if you’re claiming three days, you’re signing up to post three different reviews. You can claim up to five days, until October starts. After that, you can freely claim as many more you want (useful if you want to pinch hit for unclaimed days).

You can claim a day that’s already claimed, but you must claim different days for each review. You do not need to mention what book(s) you intend to review. You can claim more days up to the max at any time (until October, when you can loose all inhibitions and claim everything, should you so desire), simply make a new comment with your new claim. You can un-claim a day at any time.

Sign-ups are open until Oct 30.

Good luck!

Claimed Days


Oct 1: [personal profile] quillpunk

Oct 2: [personal profile] hexmix

Oct 3:

Oct 4:

Oct 5: [personal profile] florianschild

Oct 6: [personal profile] valoise

Oct 7:

Oct 8:

Oct 9:

Oct 10: [personal profile] silversea

Oct 11: [personal profile] flareonfury

Oct 12:

Oct 13: [personal profile] petrea_mitchell

Oct 14:

Oct 15:

Oct 16: [personal profile] hexmix

Oct 17: [personal profile] cornerofmadness

Oct 18:

Oct 19: [personal profile] cactus_rs

Oct 20: [personal profile] silversea

Oct 21: [personal profile] adore

Oct 22:

Oct 23: [personal profile] petrea_mitchell

Oct 24:

Oct 25:

Oct 26: [personal profile] valoise

Oct 27:

Oct 28: [personal profile] indigoblind

Oct 29:

Oct 30: [personal profile] hexmix

Oct 31:


Posting Guidelines (click the arrow!)
  • We’re not doing any specific rules regarding the reviews for the events. Your post just needs to adhere to any General Posting Guidelines that applies: this means including a clear header with information regarding the book’s title, author, and any applicable content warnings.

  • Any spoilers (no matter how old the book is) need to be behind a cut or an accordion (this is an accordion!)

  • If your review is not suitable for all ages, adjust the age restriction of the post.

  • The subject line should clearly state that it’s a review. Please tag for at least format, age group, and genre.

  • The review needs to be posted in its entirety, don’t just go ‘and you can keep reading on…’

  • You need to be a member to post to the comm.

Questions and Concerns
I will make a top comment on this post, please leave any questions and concerns about the event as a reply to that comment to easily keep everything in one place. This post will not be sticky, as I think we’re already on max on that, but I will link it in the sidebar under the new ‘Quick Navigation’ heading.

What if I don’t make it to my claimed day?
If you don't post a review on the day you signed up for, nothing will happen :D This is intended to be a low-pressure, fun event, and not meant to put undue pressure on you. Again, [community profile] booknook is always open to reviews! You can post it later, or not at all. You also would not be required to mention in your sign-up which book you intend to review so you can change your mind until the very last second. There are no repercussions for not posting anything on your claimed day!

What if I’m not signed up but I want to post a review in October?
[community profile] booknook is open to reviews 24/7 and that would not change. You’re absolutely still allowed to post a review during this month (even on a claimed day) without signing up!

What kind of books can I review?
Any kind of books! Fiction, non-fiction, poetry, webnovels, short stories, etc. If you think it counts, it counts. Likewise, it doesn't matter how old the book is; a 200-year-old book is just as welcome as one that was just published two weeks ago. Here, it's just all about the books! :D

How does reviews work?
In general, a review should contain an introduction of the book and what you think about it and whether it's something you would recommend to others. Here's a few quick links I found searching (if you've got resources for tips on writing reviews, you're welcome to share them and I can add them to the list):



It's time for the Fake Internet Deadlines to shine! :D

Re: Questions and Concerns

Date: 2026-09-16 03:45 am (UTC)
adore: (reading for fun)
From: [personal profile] adore
If we want to briefly review a series, can we claim a single day and single post? Or does the series have to be broken up into separate posts for each book in the series?

Re: Questions and Concerns

Date: 2026-09-19 12:48 am (UTC)
adore: (stripes)
From: [personal profile] adore
Thank you! Yeah, the individual reviews will be brief, so I'll pick just one day.

Date: 2026-07-28 12:32 am (UTC)
florianschild: A close-up of Daria from the animated cartoon show. Her glasses show an animated reflection of burning flames (Default)
From: [personal profile] florianschild
Fun! Can I have October 5th, please?

Date: 2026-07-28 01:57 am (UTC)
silversea: Blonde girl laying (Default)
From: [personal profile] silversea
Nice to see this return! I'll take October 10th and 20th.

Date: 2026-07-28 03:44 am (UTC)
cornerofmadness: (Default)
From: [personal profile] cornerofmadness
I'll take the 17th (and hope I don't forget this year)

Date: 2026-07-28 03:01 pm (UTC)
cornerofmadness: (Default)
From: [personal profile] cornerofmadness
thanks

Date: 2026-07-28 03:57 am (UTC)
hexmix: a little ghost in a witch's hat (Default)
From: [personal profile] hexmix
excited once again for fake internet deadlines! going to be Ambitious and sign up for three dates:

October 2
October 16
October 30

thank you for hosting this again! been looking forward to it c:

Date: 2026-07-28 10:24 am (UTC)
valoise: (Default)
From: [personal profile] valoise
I'd like to claim October 6 and 26. Thanks

Date: 2026-07-30 01:07 pm (UTC)
indigoblind: (Default)
From: [personal profile] indigoblind
Could I take the 28th? (newbie, hoping this will give me the motivation to actually interact, haha.)

Date: 2026-07-30 09:00 pm (UTC)
petrea_mitchell: (Default)
From: [personal profile] petrea_mitchell
I'll take the 13th and 23rd.

Date: 2026-07-30 09:29 pm (UTC)
cactus_rs: (Gene Kelly)
From: [personal profile] cactus_rs
I love fake internet deadlines! Can I have October 19?

Date: 2026-08-08 03:14 am (UTC)
flareonfury: (Nick)
From: [personal profile] flareonfury
I'm gonna try & go for October 11 (my birthday please). ♥

Date: 2026-09-19 12:49 am (UTC)
adore: (Default)
From: [personal profile] adore
I'd like to claim October 21st!

Profile

a nook just for the books

September 2026

S M T W T F S
  1 2 345
678 9 101112
1314 15 16171819
202122 23242526
27282930   

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 28th, 2026 10:55 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios