silversea: Cat reading a red book (Reading Cat)
[personal profile] silversea posting in [community profile] booknook
Happy Wednesday!

What are you reading this week?

Date: 2026-08-12 05:09 pm (UTC)
cyberneticdryad: An anthropomorphic white rabbit with long, dark teal hair.  They wear a pastel pink dress with a lighter teal shawl and hold a wooden bobbin of thread. (Default)
From: [personal profile] cyberneticdryad
I have moved on to Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes now that I've finished rereading the original Hunger Games trilogy. Having a harder time with this one, but my manager is encouraging me to keep going.

Date: 2026-08-12 05:17 pm (UTC)
vamp_ress: (Default)
From: [personal profile] vamp_ress
Isabel Allende's The Wind knows my name. Not yet sure how I feel about it, though.

Date: 2026-08-13 10:33 am (UTC)
vriddy: White cat reading a book (reading cat)
From: [personal profile] vriddy
I'm glad a Trade of Blood didn't disappoint :D I'm firmly in the wait queue for it, now! Thanks again for mentioning it and the short story, too!

Date: 2026-08-12 06:09 pm (UTC)
greetingsfrommaars: ichihara yuuko from the manga xxxholic (Default)
From: [personal profile] greetingsfrommaars
halfway through volume 1 of the collected Robin comics! had to initially get used to the pacing of comics issues, i think, but it's fun so far.

Date: 2026-08-14 12:11 am (UTC)
dancesontrains: (Default)
From: [personal profile] dancesontrains
Who's the Robin in these? :)

Date: 2026-08-14 10:13 pm (UTC)
greetingsfrommaars: ichihara yuuko from the manga xxxholic (Default)
From: [personal profile] greetingsfrommaars
Tim Drake! it's the comics where he originally became Robin, from the 90s.

Date: 2026-08-12 06:40 pm (UTC)
petrea_mitchell: (Default)
From: [personal profile] petrea_mitchell
32. The Island of Lost Maps, which I'm about halfway through. It's about a prolific thief who cut maps out of old books, with detours into the history of the map trade and other related subjects.

Date: 2026-08-12 08:26 pm (UTC)
merrileemakes: Tabby cat feet standing on an open book (peets)
From: [personal profile] merrileemakes

Just finished The curious incident of the dog in the night-time, which was a good if dated book with an autistic MC. The ending was a bit flat but I enjoyed the read.

Edited Date: 2026-08-12 08:27 pm (UTC)

Date: 2026-08-12 08:41 pm (UTC)
biteshelter: Drawing of a white cat with a bow tie (Default)
From: [personal profile] biteshelter

I just started 36 Streets by T.R. Napper. I want to explore some genres I'm not very familiar with, and I'm starting with cyberpunk. So far, I'm not sure I like the pacing. The chapters are also very short, which makes me feel like the book is constantly getting interrupted. I'm still interested in the story, though.

Date: 2026-08-13 01:53 am (UTC)
dark_phoenix54: (Default)
From: [personal profile] dark_phoenix54
Just (15 minutes ago) finished T.Kingfisher's Paladins Faith, Book Four of the Saint of Steel. The author writes great characters, especially female ones. And while the plots are tight and there is a lot of peril, there is still a lot of humor.

Date: 2026-08-13 10:30 am (UTC)
vriddy: Person holding a stack of books so high their face can't be seen (books)
From: [personal profile] vriddy
I enjoy this series so much! Like you say, even when the stakes are high, there's still space for humour and it's delightful. I've been holding off on Paladin's Faith because it's the last one that's out for now, and it's nice to know if I hit a reading slump, I can just pick up the next book to get myself out of it... but I might be getting too impatient to wait much longer!

Date: 2026-08-13 04:55 am (UTC)
cornerofmadness: (Default)
From: [personal profile] cornerofmadness
Brimstone Hollow, a mystery arc. I'm enjoying it

Date: 2026-08-13 02:07 pm (UTC)
indigoblind: (Default)
From: [personal profile] indigoblind
Just finished Water for Elephants for my bookclub, which was... fine? I don't have really strong feelings about it.

Have not finished the July book, The Princess Bride, but still merrily chugging along when I can stop to sit with it. I reallly, really like it and might end up doing my review-a-thon on it because I have the urge to babble.

Started The Caretaker yesterday. I mostly liked We Used to Live Here though it felt a little bit rough in places- this one feels a bit more polished, a bit less nosleep-house-style, but I'm not that far in.

Date: 2026-08-14 04:44 am (UTC)
rivorne: (coffin)
From: [personal profile] rivorne
Still in the throes of Ravenous by Kresley Cole. Its her latest book in an IAD-adjacent universe, and while I'm enjoying it, I think there are too many POVs. It would be simpler if there weren't so many plotlines on-going.

I've also started Nighshade & Oak by Molly O'Neill. Well written, this sapphic fantasy takes place in 60 CE in Roman-conquered Britain. The world building is incredibly well done, and I'm interested in seeing how the rest of the fantasy elements shape the story. It's giving Sandman vibes, a little bit. But I'm here for it.

Date: 2026-08-18 02:56 pm (UTC)
rivorne: (Default)
From: [personal profile] rivorne
Oh, I recommend the book! It's well written, and the historical elements add a lot to the world building. (It's Roman-occupied British Isles, roughly 60 C.E.)

Profile

a nook just for the books

August 2026

S M T W T F S
      1
2 34 56 78
91011 12 131415
161718 19202122
232425 26 272829
3031     

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Aug. 29th, 2026 03:22 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios