silversea: A dragon reading a book (Reading Dragon)
[personal profile] silversea posting in [community profile] booknook
Still Wednesday where I am!

What are you reading this week?

Date: 2026-09-24 01:46 am (UTC)
greetingsfrommaars: ichihara yuuko from the manga xxxholic (Default)
From: [personal profile] greetingsfrommaars
still reading collected Robin comics, now on volume 3! i get the feeling it would be a little clearer if i were also reading the Batman: Knightfall storyline at the same time, but i'm still having fun.

Date: 2026-09-24 02:00 am (UTC)
spaciireth: (Default)
From: [personal profile] spaciireth
The Tainted Cup by Robert Jackson Bennet. Really enjoying it! A murder mystery in a strong fantasy setting.

Date: 2026-09-24 02:01 am (UTC)
spaciireth: (Default)
From: [personal profile] spaciireth
Oh and also Orlando by Virginia Woolf on audio, but I'm not sure this was the best choice of introduction to Woolf's work.

Date: 2026-09-24 05:42 am (UTC)
vamp_reads: (Default)
From: [personal profile] vamp_reads
I *love* Orlando, it's such a fun romp. An outlier in her work, I think, but I enjoyed this wild story a lot.

Date: 2026-09-24 10:09 am (UTC)
spaciireth: (Default)
From: [personal profile] spaciireth
I'm pretty early days just yet. I just reached chapter 2!

Date: 2026-09-25 06:10 am (UTC)
vamp_reads: (Default)
From: [personal profile] vamp_reads
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you enjoy it more as you go along!

Date: 2026-09-24 05:40 am (UTC)
hafnia: Animated drawing of a flickering fire with a pair of eyes peeping out of it, from the film Howl's Moving Castle. (Default)
From: [personal profile] hafnia
The Tainted Cup is so good! I hope you continue to enjoy it. :D

Date: 2026-09-24 03:06 am (UTC)
dirty_diana: old-fashioned typewriter (typewriter)
From: [personal profile] dirty_diana
Taking a break from my cosy fantasy streak to read An Inconvenient Vow by Alice Coldbreath, tropey marriage romance in a fake historical setting.

Date: 2026-09-24 03:41 am (UTC)
petrea_mitchell: (Default)
From: [personal profile] petrea_mitchell
Finished The Year Without Summer feeling a bit meh about it. For most of the book it's limited to western Europe and the eastern coast of North America; the epilogue has a bit of "oh yeah it probably affected India and China too" and one feels like if the author could have dug slightly harder the book could have talked about that in more detail.

37. Rialto, another book in the Greenglass House series. This one is particularly interesting to me because it involves magical shenanigans of some sort around an abandoned theme park. I'm early in the book but I'm already impatient for the characters to get there, and instead space is being devoted to stuff youngest kid's virtual check-in with their therapist for anxiety, which I'm sure is important and educational for the young readers but arrrgh!

Date: 2026-09-24 04:29 am (UTC)
cornerofmadness: (Default)
From: [personal profile] cornerofmadness
Be Still My Unbeating Heart - gay vampire mystery/romance, it's fun

Date: 2026-09-24 05:40 am (UTC)
hafnia: Animated drawing of a flickering fire with a pair of eyes peeping out of it, from the film Howl's Moving Castle. (Default)
From: [personal profile] hafnia
A Drop of Corruption came in at the library, and so I am onto it! :D

Date: 2026-09-24 07:28 am (UTC)
xwyndx: (coffee)
From: [personal profile] xwyndx
I am finally reading Little Women, a classic that I had on my TBR for years. I was surprised by the optimistic and cheerful tone of the book; also how great the mother is, she's amazing.

Date: 2026-09-24 08:08 am (UTC)
vamp_reads: (Default)
From: [personal profile] vamp_reads
I'm in the middle of The Innocents by Michael Crummey and almost at the end of The End of Vandalism by Tom Drury. Sadly, both not books that are blowing me away. But well, not everything can be a winner.

Date: 2026-09-24 11:22 pm (UTC)
dancesontrains: (Default)
From: [personal profile] dancesontrains
Just read Moriarty the Patriot vol 19 - not been happy about the way the US set stuff was handled on most levels, but thankfully that was mostly set aside this volume. And my shipping heart was very happy.

Upcoming - more 'A Suitable Boy', re-reading 'Handmaid's Tale' for the first time in over two decades, trying a m/m romcom called 'The Charm Offensive', and I'm sure there'll be plenty of sequential art read in between all that :) I also finally have the latest Murderbot, 'Platform Decay', from the library - it needs to be returned within a fortnight rather than the usual three weeks, as there many people waiting to read.

Date: 2026-09-25 04:07 am (UTC)
adore: (bedtime reading)
From: [personal profile] adore
I love your dragon reading icon!

I'm reading Land, Guns, Caste, Woman, Gita Ramaswamy's memoir.

Profile

a nook just for the books

September 2026

S M T W T F S
  1 2 345
678 9 101112
1314 15 16171819
202122 23242526
27282930   

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 27th, 2026 04:00 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios